Lobster Salad with California Avocado Brulee
|1||cup||Meyer Lemon Orange Blossom Honey Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|6||Whole lobsters 1 ½ lbs. each, poached, cleaned, chilled, removed from the shell|
|3||Fresh California Avocados, sliced into 16ths.*|
|24||slices Meyer lemon for garnish|
|Meyer Lemon Orange Blossom Honey Vinaigrette|
|1/4||cup||Meyer lemon juice, fresh|
|1/4||cup||white wine vinegar|
|1/4||cup||Orange blossom honey|
|2||tsp.||Lemon zest, chopped|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Meyer Lemon Orange Blossom Honey Vinaigrette:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together Meyer lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard and honey.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Add fresh thyme plus salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate and let rest at least one hour before use.
- Keep the lobster claw intact, and chop the rest of the lobster meat into large chunks.
- Toss the lobster with half of the dressing.
- Toss the greens with the other half of the dressing.
- Fan ¼ each sliced Fresh California Avocado on the platter, sprinkle with sugar and torch the sugar until golden brown.
- Mound the greens behind the avocado and top with the chopped lobster (1 cup of greens and 1 ½ oz. of chopped lobster per serving).
- Place one whole lobster claw next to the Fresh California Avocado. Garnish with sliced Meyer lemon.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.