Mighty Bowl with California Avocados
IngredientsYield: 12 Entrée Salads 6 cups cooked grain and lentil medley (equal parts: brown rice, quinoa, red rice, lentils, wild rice) 18 cups fresh kale, cut into 1 inch pieces (12 oz.) 4 cups cooked black beans (30 oz.) 4 cups Mediterranean Salsa (recipe follows) 3 Fresh California Avocados*, peeled, pitted, sliced 1 1/2 cups Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing (recipe follows) Mediterranean Salsa(Yield: 4 cups) 2 cups tomatoes, diced (9 oz.) 1 1/2 cups cucumber, peeled and diced (7 ½ oz.) 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced (2 ¼ oz.) 3/4 cup red onion, diced (3 ½ oz.) 1/2 cup basil, chopped (¾ oz.) 1 Tbsp. capers 1 1/2 tsp. chopped parsley 1 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic 1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. ground black pepper 1/2 tsp. salt Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing(Yield: 1 ½ cups) 4 cups cilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped (12 oz.) 2 large Fresh California Avocados, pureed (2 cups) 2 cups water (16 oz.) 1 cup Greek yogurt (8 oz.) 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic 2 Tbsp. lime juice 2 tsp. kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit for one hour. Cover and refrigerate.
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place ½ cup of the grain mixture in the bottom of each bowl.
- Arrange 1 ½ cups (packed) kale, 1/3 cup black beans, 1/3 cup Mediterranean Salsa and avocado slices in each bowl so that all of the ingredients can be identified.
- Top each bowl with 2 Tbsp. Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados