Stacy’s California Avocado Green Eyed Monster
Ingredients24 slices sourdough bread 6 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, sliced 24 slices Cheddar cheese (24 oz.) 6 poblano peppers (2 lbs. 4 oz.) 6 oz. butter
- Preheat a broiler or grill over high heat. Place poblano peppers either under broiler or on grill and cook until skin is charred. Rotate peppers to char all sides. Place peppers in a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Remove from bowl, and peel skin off of peppers. Remove the stems and seeds and slice each pepper in quarters.
- Preheat a grill on medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread and place on grill, buttered side down.
- Place two slices of cheddar on each slice of bread and cook until cheese melts.
- Rewarm the roasted poblano pepper slices on flattop if necessary.
- Remove bread slices from grill. Top one slice of bread with one quarter of roasted poblano pepper and half of an avocado (sliced). Place second toasted bread slice on top, buttered side down.
- Slice each sandwich in half on the bias. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados