A California Avocado lime cream sauce makes a delectable topping to baked chicken breasts and wild rice. Although simple in ingredients, this dish is a high achiever with 34 g of protein, almost three times the recommended daily value of vitamin K (290%), 100% DV of vitamin a and an excellent source dietary fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamins C, B3, B6, B2, and E; not to mention the good source of iron and calcium.
California Avocado Lime Chicken With Wild Rice
Total Time: 40 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 4896 IU; Vitamin C 12 mg; Calcium 106 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 3 IU; Folate 142 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%
Ingredients4 (4-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder As needed Salt and pepper, to taste 1 1/2 Tbsp. grape seed or avocado oil 1/3 cup Chicken stock 8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced 2 cups cooked wild rice 1 cup cooked spinach 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded 1 Tbsp. lime juice, or more to taste 1/3 cup light sour cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken on both sides with seasonings.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil on high heat in a large, oven-safe sauté pan. Cook chicken about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add chicken stock to pan; place in oven. Cook about 10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat remaining oil on high heat in another large sauté pan. Add mushrooms; cook for about 3 minutes or until the liquid has released from mushrooms and reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium.
- Mix in rice and spinach. Season to taste. Remove from heat.
- Blend avocado, lime juice and sour cream until very smooth. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide rice mixture between four plates, top with sliced chicken breasts and dollop avocado lime cream sauce on the side.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados