A California Avocado lime cream sauce makes a delectable topping to baked chicken breasts and wild rice. Although simple in ingredients, this dish is a high achiever with 34 g of protein, almost three times the recommended daily value of vitamin K (290%), 100% DV of vitamin a and an excellent source dietary fiber, potassium, folate, and vitamins C, B3, B6, B2, and E; not to mention the good source of iron and calcium.
California Avocado Lime Chicken With Wild Rice
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|4||(4-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts|
|1/2||tsp.||each garlic powder and onion powder|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||grape seed or avocado oil|
|8||oz.||white mushrooms, sliced|
|2||cups||cooked wild rice|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|1||Tbsp.||lime juice, or more to taste|
|1/3||cup||light sour cream|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken on both sides with seasonings.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil on high heat in a large, oven-safe sauté pan. Cook chicken about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add chicken stock to pan; place in oven. Cook about 10 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat remaining oil on high heat in another large sauté pan. Add mushrooms; cook for about 3 minutes or until the liquid has released from mushrooms and reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium.
- Mix in rice and spinach. Season to taste. Remove from heat.
- Blend avocado, lime juice and sour cream until very smooth. Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide rice mixture between four plates, top with sliced chicken breasts and dollop avocado lime cream sauce on the side.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 4896 IU; Vitamin C 12 mg; Calcium 106 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 3 IU; Folate 142 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%