Fresh California Avocado & Mushroom Sandwich
Ingredients1 Fresh California Avocado*, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks 4 oz. crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced 2 oz. celery, thinly sliced 1/2 oz. fennel, thinly sliced 1 oz. lemon juice 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. ground pepper 1/2 oz. Baby Arugula As needed Grated pecorino cheese 1 ciabatta bun
- Cut the ciabatta bun in half and toast in the oven or on a griddle until golden brown and warm. Set aside.
- Cut the Fresh California Avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out both halves of the avocado into a bowl. Add the mushrooms, celery, fennel, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix gently to incorporate all ingredients, leaving large chunks of avocado. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Place the baby arugula on the bottom ciabatta bun. Scoop avocado mixture on top of the arugula.
- Grate pecorino cheese over the entire sandwich using a microplane. Top with remaining half of ciabatta bun.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados