I’m excited to share a recipe with you that is so easy and fresh… it doesn’t require a lot of seasoning or fuss. In fact, the fresh flavors of the grilled vegetables steal the show. I hope you enjoy!
Grilled Avocado and Steak Fajita Wrap
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||lb.||beef sirloin steak|
|1||Tbsp.||steak seasoning, divided|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cut into strips|
|1||orange bell pepper, cut into strips|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and halved|
|1/2||tsp.||cracked black pepper|
|6||whole wheat tortillas|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Rub both sides of steak with seasoning. Sprinkle additional seasoning over sliced bell peppers.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Place steak over medium heat and grill until light pink in the center (or to desired preference).
- In the meantime, prepare a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place peppers on the grill pan and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning once, or until tender.
- Drizzle oil over the avocado halves and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place, cut side down, on the grill grate. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Remove all items from the grill. Slice the steak, diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Carefully remove the peels from the avocados and slice into thin slices.
- Place a few steak slices, peppers and avocados into each tortilla. Drizzle with lime juice. Serve wrapped and warm.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Copyright © 2013, Kristen Doyle
Vitamin A 237 IU; Vitamin C 121 mg; Calcium 62 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 84 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.13 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 25%; Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 200%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%