I’m excited to share a recipe with you that is so easy and fresh… it doesn’t require a lot of seasoning or fuss. In fact, the fresh flavors of the grilled vegetables steal the show. I hope you enjoy!
Grilled Avocado and Steak Fajita Wrap
Total Time: 20 min
Vitamin A 237 IU; Vitamin C 121 mg; Calcium 62 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 84 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.13 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 25%; Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 200%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20%
Ingredients1 lb. beef sirloin steak 1 Tbsp. steak seasoning, divided 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips 1 orange bell pepper, cut into strips 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and halved 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper 6 whole wheat tortillas 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Rub both sides of steak with seasoning. Sprinkle additional seasoning over sliced bell peppers.
- Prepare grill for medium heat. Place steak over medium heat and grill until light pink in the center (or to desired preference).
- In the meantime, prepare a grill pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place peppers on the grill pan and grill over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning once, or until tender.
- Drizzle oil over the avocado halves and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Place, cut side down, on the grill grate. Grill for 5 minutes.
- Remove all items from the grill. Slice the steak, diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- Carefully remove the peels from the avocados and slice into thin slices.
- Place a few steak slices, peppers and avocados into each tortilla. Drizzle with lime juice. Serve wrapped and warm.
Copyright © 2013, Kristen Doyle
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados