This Grilled Mahi with Grilled California Avocado Peach Salsa combines two delicious fruits! The bright, sweet mango pairs perfectly with the creamy avocado and smoky like fish.
Grilled Mahi with Grilled California Avocado Peach Salsa
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 146 mcg; Vitamin C 16 mg; Calcium 56 mg; Iron 4 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 89 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.37 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients4 (6 oz. each) mahi mahi fillets 1 tsp. olive oil, to taste 2 tsp. paprika 1 tsp. chili powder 1 tsp. ground cumin 1 tsp. dried thyme 3/4 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 tsp. garlic powder 1 Tbsp. olive oil California Avocado Peach Salsa Ingredients: 1 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped 1 large peach 1 small lime, juiced 1 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, minced 1/4 tsp. kosher salt 1 Tbsp. minced cilantro
- Turn the grill to high heat. Lightly oil the grates.
- Place the fillets on a baking sheet or cutting board. Lightly spray both sides with olive oil spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the paprika, chili powder, cumin, thyme, salt, garlic powder and olive oil until a paste forms.
- Rub the spice paste all over the mahi mahi fillets.
- Place the fillets on the oiled grill. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook until the fish is just cooked through, 1 to 2 more minutes.
California Avocado Salsa Instructions:
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Lightly oil the grates.
- Cut each avocado half into 6 slices and cut the peach into 8 slices. Arrange on a cutting board or baking sheet. Lightly coat both sides of the avocado and peach slices with olive oil cooking spray and drizzle a little of the lime juice over the avocado.
- Place the avocado and peach slices on the grill. Cook just until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill.
- Once the fruit is cool enough to handle, roughly chop and transfer to a bowl. Gently mix with the remaining lime juice, jalapeno pepper, salt and cilantro.
Serving Suggestion: For a heartier meal, consider serving this dish alongside a plate of brown rice.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy this dish with a chilled glass of white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados