Sumptuous flavors of Lebanese cuisine, including roasted peppers, garlic, chick peas and spices blend with Fresh California Avocados in this zesty guacamole.
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 11 mcg; Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 16 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 66 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% ; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 2% ; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1/2 cup yellow or orange bell pepper, or jarred roasted pepper, diced 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and diced 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest 2 cloves garlic, chopped 1/2 tsp. ground cumin 1/2 tsp. ground coriander 1/2 tsp. ground sumac 1 tsp. ground Aleppo pepper, plus a sprinkle for garnish 1/4 cup chick peas (garbanzos), divided 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- To roast the yellow or orange bell pepper, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roast one pepper on a tray for 15 to 20 minutes or until blistered on top side. Turn to other side and roast for 15 to 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven and place in a paper bag for 5 minutes to steam. Peel and remove skin, stem and seeds, then dice the pepper. Reserve remaining pepper for another use.
- Gently combine avocado, juice, zest, garlic and seasonings with the roasted pepper.
- Stir in half of the chick peas.
- Taste, then add salt if desired.
- Top with remaining chick peas and a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked pita chips.
Beverage Pairing: Iced hibiscus tea
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados