Sumptuous flavors of Lebanese cuisine, including roasted peppers, garlic, chick peas and spices blend with Fresh California Avocados in this zesty guacamole.
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||cup||yellow or orange bell pepper, or jarred roasted pepper, diced|
|4||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and diced|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1/2||tsp.||freshly grated lime zest|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||tsp.||ground Aleppo pepper, plus a sprinkle for garnish|
|1/4||cup||chick peas (garbanzos), divided|
|1/2||tsp.||sea salt, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- To roast the yellow or orange bell pepper, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roast one pepper on a tray for 15 to 20 minutes or until blistered on top side. Turn to other side and roast for 15 to 20 minutes longer. Remove from oven and place in a paper bag for 5 minutes to steam. Peel and remove skin, stem and seeds, then dice the pepper. Reserve remaining pepper for another use.
- Gently combine avocado, juice, zest, garlic and seasonings with the roasted pepper.
- Stir in half of the chick peas.
- Taste, then add salt if desired.
- Top with remaining chick peas and a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked pita chips.
Beverage Pairing: Iced hibiscus tea
Vitamin A 11 mcg; Vitamin C 24 mg; Calcium 16 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 66 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2% ; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 2% ; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%