Fresh, creamy California avocados and caramelized limes add depth and zing to the classic white bean dip.
Zesty California Avocado White Bean Dip
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded|
|1||cup||white beans, canned, drained and rinsed|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Zest the limes and set the zest aside.
- Slice the ends off the lime; cut off and discard the peel and pith. Carefully cut each lime into segments, reserving any leftover lime juice..
- Heat the avocado oil and honey in a small skillet, then add 2 tablespoons of scallions, lime segments, and any extra lime juice.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the limes are broken down and look caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the lime zest, and set aside.
- Combine avocado, white beans, 3 tablespoons of cilantro and sea salt in a blender or food processor along with the cooked lime mixture.
- Add a splash of water as needed to thin the dip enough to puree it smooth. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with1 tablespoon of cilantro and scallion greens each.
Serving Suggestion: This zesty dip is a great addition to a vegetable platter or served alongside crusty bread.
Beverage Pairing: Try a medium-bodied dry rosé (such as a Rhone style varietal) with a crudité board featuring the Zesty California Avocado White Bean Dip.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.