Fresh, creamy California avocados and caramelized limes add depth and zing to the classic white bean dip.
Zesty California Avocado White Bean Dip
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients2 limes 2 tsp. avocado oil 2 tsp. honey 3 Tbsp. scallions, minced 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded 1 cup white beans, canned, drained and rinsed 4 Tbsp. cilantro, packed 1/4 tsp. sea salt 1/4 cup water
- Zest the limes and set the zest aside.
- Slice the ends off the lime; cut off and discard the peel and pith. Carefully cut each lime into segments, reserving any leftover lime juice..
- Heat the avocado oil and honey in a small skillet, then add 2 tablespoons of scallions, lime segments, and any extra lime juice.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the limes are broken down and look caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the lime zest, and set aside.
- Combine avocado, white beans, 3 tablespoons of cilantro and sea salt in a blender or food processor along with the cooked lime mixture.
- Add a splash of water as needed to thin the dip enough to puree it smooth. Taste and add more salt as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with1 tablespoon of cilantro and scallion greens each.
Serving Suggestion: This zesty dip is a great addition to a vegetable platter or served alongside crusty bread.
Beverage Pairing: Try a medium-bodied dry rosé (such as a Rhone style varietal) with a crudité board featuring the Zesty California Avocado White Bean Dip.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados