A creamy avocado-citrus sauce makes baked chicken breasts simply delicious.
Grilled Chicken with Avocado-Citrus Sauce
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|3||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|1/2||cup||unsalted butter, divided|
|1/2||tsp.||finely chopped orange zest|
|1||ripe, fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and pureed|
|1/4||tsp.||salt, plus additional to taste|
|6||(about 6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves|
|As needed||black pepper|
|6||each lemon, lime, and orange slices|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Sauté garlic in 1 teaspoon butter until soft but not colored, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream.
- Heat to a simmer, stirring frequently; do not boil.
- Stir in orange zest, juices, avocado, and salt. Keep warm.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Brush chicken with butter.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, or bake at 450 degrees F until chicken is browned and just firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Serve each breast with 1/4 cup avocado sauce; garnish with a slice of each citrus fruit.
Serve on a bed of rice, couscous or other cooked grains.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.